3ART Technologies
2020-06-14T20:03:02Z
Hi,
There is problem, I hope there will be some solution. In our situation, the quantity is adding as 0.5 instead of 1 like 0.5 KG. Add to cart option only allowed the int, how to taking care of this in cart.

If anyone has an idea please inform me ASAP.
3ART Technologies
2020-06-14T22:36:25Z
Is there any quick fix for this issue, I saw in the db it's int.
Will Strohl
2020-06-18T16:37:21Z
I can't think of a fix for this off of the top of my head, because there's not really anything I can think of to fix. Can you please help me understand a use case where quantities should not be whole numbers?
Will Strohl, Upendo Ventures
Hotcakes Cloud  | Get Support  | Code Support 
Official Cloud & Support provider for Hotcakes
Reto Cossalter
2020-06-19T09:06:18Z
I think you shouldn't use quantity as you intended.
The shop is made to sell products, not increments of goods.

To solve your problem you could create a product (a 'virtual' Package) that contains 0.5kg of your goods.
Then the client can add multiple of this products to the basket.

I think Will is right here: I too can't think of a case where a client can only buy half of a product.
Will Strohl
2020-06-19T19:35:00Z
Originally Posted by: Reto Cossalter 

To solve your problem you could create a product (a 'virtual' Package) that contains 0.5kg of your goods.
Then the client can add multiple of this products to the basket.

This is a fantastic suggestion/workaround. Thank you! 🙂
Will Strohl, Upendo Ventures
Hotcakes Cloud  | Get Support  | Code Support 
Official Cloud & Support provider for Hotcakes
3ART Technologies
2020-06-20T08:17:44Z
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I will check it out. I am working with the buyer who is selling meets and vegetable and the product is going to sell in KG instead of pieces. That's a reason i am wonder to add the option directly in the product that allows to add the 0.5 KG.

I will check it out the way you mentioned and get back to you if i found some issue

Thanks again for your reply

Regards
  • Sign-up for the Hotcakes Community Newsletter: