Scippy
  •  Scippy
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-05-14T15:02:49Z
Hotcackes Exception
Latest release of Hotcakes is no more compatible with latest DNN release 9.6.0+
DNN latest release recommend to no longer use the platform bundled Telerik features since they are deprecated and apparently Hotcakes uses them instead.
Is there any update plan about? otherwise hotcakes can no longer be used if we want to keep up to date with the new DNN releases.
Waiting for an update is there a workaround to solve the problem?
I look forward to an answer to choose the ecommerce platform for my next job!
Thanks!
Jane
  •  Jane
  • 55.5% (Neutral)
2020-05-20T08:00:50Z
Hi,

I have brand new DNN 9.6.1 on which I have installed HotcakesCommerce_03.02.03_Core_Install.

However, this is the error when I am trying to load Hotcakes for the first time:

Server Error in '/' Application.
'~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: '~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: '~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager]
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +235
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +90
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +163
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +906

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0

Can you please advise what I should do here.

Thank you
Will Strohl
2020-05-20T15:49:35Z
This is a known issue and will be resolved in the 03.03.00 release:

https://github.com/Hotca...commerce-core/issues/226 
Will Strohl, Upendo Ventures
Hotcakes Cloud  | Get Support  | Code Support 
Official Cloud & Support provider for Hotcakes
Scippy
  •  Scippy
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-05-20T19:47:10Z
oops ... I had missed the milestone 03.03.00 and 03.04.00
Thank you so much for your precious work!
  • Sign-up for the Hotcakes Community Newsletter: